Let us help you get away from the distractions of everyday life. Our beautiful year-round accommodations for groups of 10-350 are sure to make your stay with us a pleasurable one. We clear aside the obstacles so that you can be free to focus on your group. Our experienced staff would be glad to help you in the planning and running of your weekend. We enjoy working with our guests to accommodate their specific needs for their retreat group. It is our goal to make your goals come to life.
If you are considering an event with us, whether it's an annual visit or your very first time with us, planning ahead with us will assure you of your desired dates. As a confirmation of your reservation and in an effort to prepare for and serve your group most effectively, a contract will be prepared for you. Every group event requires a contract and a deposit to hold your dates!
For our guest groups we offer:
- Housing and meeting space for up to 350 people.
- Tasty meals with a flexible menu.
- Allergy friendly food (make sure you call ahead to let the kitchen know of any allergy needs)
- A beautiful setting in the north woods of Minnesota along the shores of Big Sandy Lake.
- Spring and fall activities including hay rides, bonfires, hiking trails, 9 Square in the Air, field sports, three outdoor volleyball courts, horseshoes, climbing wall, zip line, and an indoor gym.
- Winter activities including bonfires, climbing wall, indoor gym, broomball on a lighted court, and a lighted snow tubing hill (Snow permitting).
- Two chapels with capacities of 250 and 350, both having sound and projection systems.
If you are thinking that Big Sandy Camp and Retreat Center would make a good place to hold your retreat, or have any questions about retreating here, call Ashley in the camp office at 218-426-3389. She will walk you through the process of coming to camp for a retreat. If you are new to Big Sandy and would like a tour, please call and arrange a visit to come and look around. You’re always welcome!
Big Sandy Camp and Retreat Center is a “Religious Non-Profit” and exists to further the standards and principles that we were founded upon in 1959 and that still guide our parent organization today, the Christian and Missionary Alliance (C&MA).
For more information about the C&MA, please visit www.cmalliance.org/about
In order to maintain our non-profit status and stay true to our mission, Big Sandy Camp and Retreat Center only permits its facilities to be used by those persons, groups or organizations that are in compliance with the statements and principles set forth by the C&MA. Please refer to our Faith Community Covenant for more information.