We love having kids and teens at camp! Throughout the year we have various week long camps, as well as weekend retreats for campers to come spend some time here at camp. We also have opportunities for high schoolers to come and work at camp through our SMT and Summer Staff Programs. For more information about our youth camps and opportunities check out the menu to the right.
2019 Summer Camp Calendar
|July 7-12||Pinecone 1||3rd-5th||Sunday-Friday||$360|
|July 7-12||Junior High Camp 1||6th-8th||Sunday-Friday||$360|
|July 14-19||Pinecone 2||3rd-5th||Sunday-Friday||$360|
|July 14-19||Junior High Camp 2||6th-8th||Sunday-Friday||$360|
|July 14-19||Junior High Wakeboard Camp||6th-8th||Sunday-Friday||$390|
|July 21-26||Senior High Camp||9th-12th||Sunday-Friday||$360|
|July 21-26||Senior High Wakeboard Camp||9th-12th||Sunday-Friday||$390|
|July 28 – August 2||Pinecone 3||3rd-5th||Sunday-Friday||$360|
|July 28 – August 2||Junior High Camp 3||6th-8th||Sunday-Friday||$360|
Payments and Discounts
- IN ORDER FOR YOUR CAMPER TO BE OFFICIALLY REGISTERED YOU MUST PUT DOWN A $100 DEPOSIT. ENROLLING YOUR CAMPER ALONE DOES NOT HOLD THEIR SPOT.
- All balances must be payed either before the camper arrives at camp, or during registration on Sunday afternoon.
- When paying for your child’s camp week we give the option to give a $5 or more donation to our Camper Scholarship Fund. Your generous donations help fund the scholarship program for campers in need!
- No refunds will be issued less than 30 days from the event. Cancellations made more than 30 days prior to the event will be refunded minus a $100 non-refundable deposit.
- 1st Time Camper Discount: This discount is for any camper who has never been to Big Sandy Camp before. You can request this discount as you register your camper.
- Extra Early Bird Discount: If you register your camper before February 8th you will automatically receive the Extra Early Bird Discount, taking $25 off of your camper fees.
- Early Bird Discount: If you register your camper before April 1st you will automatically receive the Early Bird Discount, taking $15 off of your camper fees.
- 2nd Sibling Discount: We offer a $30 second sibling discount for families sending more than 1 child to camp. You may request this discount for your second, third, etc. children that you are registering for camp. If you have three children, two of them will be eligible for the discount. If you have 4 children, three of them will be eligible, etc.
- Scholarships: You may apply for a scholarship from Big Sandy Camp to help bring your costs a little lower if you are in a tight financial situation. All scholarship applications will be turned in to our Executive Director, Dave Toth, for approval. Once approved the scholarship will be applied to your camper’s account.
Please Note: Due to camper privacy, record keeping and software considerations, we will no longer be billing churches for camper registrations and outstanding bills. All inquiries regarding any outstanding balances will be directed to parents or guardians. Please deal directly with your local church if they are providing full or partial scholarship funds for camper registrations.
A Camp Week
We love summer at Big Sandy Camp! Camp provides eight different summer camps throughout the month of July and beginning of August for campers entering grades 3-12, maxing out at about 250 campers per week. Big Sandy Camp has been a week-long home to kids for 60 years!
Every camper will be assigned to a cabin with a counselor who was hand selected by our program staff. Our counselors are carefully chosen young adults, many of who are headed into various ministry fields. They will spend tons of time with their campers, pouring into each of them and sharing the love of Christ with them throughout their week at camp. Many of our campers return to Big Sandy Camp as counselors in an effort to give something back and ensure that campers today have the same opportunities they did.
At Big Sandy Camp your child's safety is a top priority. To assure his or her wellness during their stay, we take the following steps:
- We use a thorough hiring process including: a complete criminal background check, three reference letters, interviews, and a four-page application.
- All staff members are informed of Big Sandy Camp’s operational policies. Summer staff members are specifically trained with Ministry Safe curriculum and guidelines in an effort to have all of our campers experience a safe and enjoyable stay at Big Sandy Camp.
- Every summer each staff member is certified by the American Heart Association in both First Aid and CPR.
- All lifeguards are American Red Cross or equivalent certified.
- We have a registered nurse on the camp grounds each week.
Throughout the camp week our campers will be participating in numerous activities and events that are all run by our well trained staff. Campers will attend chapel every day where they will be poured into spiritually by our speaker for the week. The speakers that come to camp are very intentionally selected and prayed over.
We hope to see your kids here this summer!
WHAT TO BRING
- Towel, shampoo, toothbrush, soap, etc
- Pillow, sleeping bag or twin size bedding
- Clothes for play in both warm and cool weather
- One-piece swimsuit or full coverage tankini
- Appropriate footwear for running, hiking, and playing games
- Bible, notebook, pens/pencils
- Extra spending money for:
- Craft shop--$.25 to $5 covers most projects
- General Store--imprinted sweatshirts, t-shirts, souvenirs, and gifts
- Snack shop treats
WHAT NOT TO BRING
- Personal music equipment
- Expensive, small items
- Cell phones, iPods, or other electronics (unless otherwise directed)
- Alcohol, tobacco or non-prescription drugs
Please Note – Be very careful about what clothing you pack. Watch out for inappropriate slogans on tee shirts. Girls, leave short shorts, short skirts, and midriff-baring clothing at home. Guys, leave speedo style swimsuits, along with baggy shorts that reveal your underwear at home. We're looking for modest dress. Let's show our inner beauty this summer. These are our values as a camp community. Thank you for following these guidelines.
We love having kids and teens at camp! Throughout the year we have various week long camps, as well as weekend retreats for campers to come spend some time here at camp. We also have opportunities for high schoolers to come and work at camp through our LIT and Summer Staff Programs. For more information about our youth camps and opportunities check out the menu to the right.